$5/picture entry fees. You are allowed to enter one photo per category.
FIRST PRIZE WINNERS in each category receive $25 and the winner of People's Choice receives $50.
1. Copyright remains with the photographer. By entering, photographers agree to allow High Plains Snow Goose Festival and Colorado Parks and Wildlife to publish photos on their website and to use them in promotions for this and future contests. Photographers' names will appear adjacent to their winning images. Each image must be the work of the person submitting the image.
2. By entering the contest, each entrant accepts the rules as stated and guarantees that all information provided is correct and truthful. Entries not accurately represented or not abiding by contest rules will be disqualified. Refunds will not be given in case of disqualification.
1. All entries should accurately reflect the subject matter of the scene as captured by the camera. Two types of entries are acceptable, those with only traditional modifications and "Photo Illustrations." Both types are described below. Photographers may be asked to supply the original RAW or unaltered original JPG files to verify the degree of alteration.
2. Traditional photographic modifications to an original image include adjustments to color, contrast, brightness and sharpness; removal of dust and scratches; cropping; and black-and-white conversions. No special designation is required for entries that use only traditional processing.
3. Entries should be designated as "Photo Illustration" if elements not significantly altering the content of the scene have been removed or if multiple photographs of the same scene have been combined with techniques like panoramic stitching and focus stacking or multiple exposures have been combined for greater tonal range.
4. Changes that are not acceptable include photo composites (combination of two or more photos not of the same scene); the addition, duplication, or relocation of objects; removal of significant elements or the use of artistic digital filters and effects that do not show the scene as it occurred in nature.
5. All images must be in JPEG format, RGB or Grayscale mode, 72ppi and sRGB color space.
6. To insure anonymous judging, images may not contain any watermarks, text, logos, borders, or other identifying marks. In addition, no text can be entered in the title, location, or description fields of an entry that would identify the photographer. And finally, all metadata will be removed during the upload process.
1. Prize drawings will take place by Saturday, February 3, 2024. The winners will be selected by judges and notified.
2. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the Contest to winners of the photo. No substitution may be made except as provided. The winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
1. Sponsor does not provide any warranty with respect to the prize. If a prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes.
2. By accepting a prize, you consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use and publication of your name, hometown, likeness, photograph, voice, and statements in any media without further compensation or other consideration. Such use may be for editorial, public relations, promotional, or advertising purposes, or any other legal purpose as deemed reasonable by Sponsor.
3. By entering the Contest, you release and hold harmless Sponsor, CPW, prize providers, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or technology, arising out of participation in the Contest, including the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
4. Entrant shall defend, indemnify and hold Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents, employees, affiliates, and customers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and damages (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in connection with any breach of these Official Rules, and agrees that Sponsor will have no liability whatsoever for any claims, losses, or damages due to entrant’s acts, omissions, or breaches of these terms. In no way and no event will SPONSOR be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages with respect to any and all claims arising from or related to Entrant’s participation in this CHALLENGE.
5. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or errors in equipment or programming used in association with the execution of the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest. If it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
6. These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the state of Colorado, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any dispute arising out of the Contest will be resolved in the state and federal courts, and all parties consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
7. All intellectual property used by Sponsor in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, all trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.